Saturday 19 October 2013

NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer

PACKAGING – The concealer comes in a small glass jar which I find pretty cute but not necessarily the most hygienic although I do understand the reasoning behind it since the product is thick and creamy.

TEXTURE & APPLICATION – This stuff is thick, which was expected for a concealer that is claimed to be full coverage. I first applied it with my fingers by dabbing it into my skin but since I wasn't too happy with the coverage it gave, I decided to try it with a blending brush and I absolutely love it! The application is pretty easy because the consistency is creamy and blends in easily.
PIGMENTATION & WEAR – I wouldn’t necessarily consider it full coverage. I found it did an OK job at best when I applied it with my finger but after using it with a brush, I love the coverage this concealer gives! I tried using this stuff under my eyes and found it too cakey and dry so it accentuated any fine lines I had in the area. I can see the concealer being cakey if you apply too much so make sure you blend, blend, blend!


All in all, I really like this stuff to cover any imperfections on my face and the price seriously can't be beat for a full coverage concealer. I believe that there are better concealers  that can work for both the under eye and rest of the face but it all depends on what you're looking for. I personally don't mind using 2 products (mainly because I like a lighter shade under my eyes than to cover imperfections) so I definitely will be reaching for this concealer often.
Thankyou for reading!
Sophie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment